SOLAR PANEL ROAD Presentation Transcript:
The Solar Roadways consists of structurally engineered solar panels that we drive on. Each Solar Road Panel (roughly 12’ by 12’) interlinks with neighboring panels to form the Solar Roadways system. The Solar Roadway generates electrical power from the sun and becomes our nation’s decentralized, intelligent, self-healing power grid, replacing our current deteriorating power distribution infrastructure.
2. SOLAR ROADWAYS INVOLVES PHOTOVOLTAIC EFFECT
3. STRUCTURE OF SOLAR ROADWAYS
Road Surface Layer: The road surface layer is semi- transparent and is of high strength. The sunlight can still pass through it to the cells where solar energy is collected.
Electronics Layer: A number of ultra capacitors are also fitted in this layer to store energy for future use. Base Plate Layer: the Base Plate Layer has the responsibility of distributing the power being collected from the electronic layer. The energy thus collected is transmitted to homes linked to the Solar Roadway
4. ACCIDENTS CAN BE AVOIDED
The Solar Roadways can protect wildlife and motorists. Load cells in the Solar Road Panels can detect if something is on the surface of the panel. Load cells work like weight machines. In the event that an animal does get onto the Solar Roadway, oncoming drivers will be warned via embedded LEDs of the danger ahead and will be given plenty of time to slow down
5. Illuminated Roads Unlike the dark roads we drive on by night today, the Solar Roadways will have LEDs which will "paint" the lanes There is no need to expend energy lighting roads when no cars are travelling, so the intelligent roadway will tell the LEDs to light up only when it senses cars on its surface . This way, drivers will know an oncoming car is ahead when they see the lights on the other side of the road begin to light up ahead.
6. Traffic Management what’s the solution?
Each Solar Road Panel contains a microprocessor that monitors and controls the panel, while communicating with neighbouring panels and the vehicles travelling
7. Electric vehicles
Electric vehicles (EVs) are on their way: More and more car manufacturers are offering electric vehicle options. How are EVs currently charged? EVs can be recharged at any conveniently located rest stop, or at any business that incorporates Solar Road Panels in their parking lots . Owners can plug their cars in and recharge while not driving.
8. Oil Independence Until now:
By replacing our deterioration highway infrastructure with the Solar Roadways, we create a system that will support the recharging of all-electric vehicles. Using all-electric vehicles will eliminate the need for fuel . By the removal of internal combustion engine vehicle are easy to drive.
9. National Security:
Our Roadway Infrastructure Global Warming Dependency on Foreign Oil
10. For more please refer our PPT. Thank You.